Question| Kill System, who killed who

Options
I succeed to make the health and damage system, but now, i want to make kill system (example:"[playername] killed by [playerothername]")

and i don't know how to do that, it's will be very helpull, if somebody will do help me and exmplain me, i even more-give me an example :D
TNX.

Comments

• Come on guys helppp meee
  • WTF why you just can't help me, i didn't say that i want the hole script, i just want to know how to do that, that's it -_-, i can see that you helping to other peoples exept me, WHY!?
  • dreamora
    Options
    Please provide the code that you use to fire your projectile, create them with an owner and your management code for PhotonPlayer <-> Player.

Thats the things required to make the implementation of who killed who, if you don't know who shot the killing bullet and who got hit, you can not visualize the information either
  • dreamora wrote:
    Please provide the code that you use to fire your projectile, create them with an owner and your management code for PhotonPlayer <-> Player.

Thats the things required to make the implementation of who killed who, if you don't know who shot the killing bullet and who got hit, you can not visualize the information either
    I know that i to find who kill who and everything but i don' knowhpw do it
  • Tobias
    Options
    Every RPC called can optionally have a PhotonMessageInfo (last paramater of the method that's an RPC). This contains info about the originating player (who calls the RPC). In your case: who is killing someone.
    The PhotonView has also an owner, so you could find out who is being killed.
  • Tobias wrote:
    Every RPC called can optionally have a PhotonMessageInfo (last paramater of the method that's an RPC). This contains info about the originating player (who calls the RPC). In your case: who is killing someone.
    can you give me little example for using PhotonView and PhotonMessageInfo to find who kill who?
  • Tobias
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have one.
    Check the reference documentation (in the download) how to implement the RPC with PhotonMessageInfo parameter (basically: void MyMethod(PhotonMessageInfo pmi)).
  • Tobias wrote:
    okay so i used PhotonMessageInfo:
    but i want to show it on the screed that everyone will see that A kill B..
  • Tobias
    Options
    What keeps you from doing so?
    You do know how to show things on the screen, right? It's the same with info coming from a network connection.
    Honestly, I can't help with such basic programming questions. Try to solve the problem by breaking it down into multiple steps:
    - how do i display data on the screen?
    - how do i store data i need for a while?
    - how do i display several messages for a while?
    - how do i get rid of messages that should no longer display?
  • Tobias wrote:
    What keeps you from doing so?
    You do know how to show things on the screen, right? It's the same with info coming from a network connection.
    Honestly, I can't help with such basic programming questions. Try to solve the problem by breaking it down into multiple steps:
    - how do i display data on the screen?
    - how do i store data i need for a while?
    - how do i display several messages for a while?
    - how do i get rid of messages that should no longer display?
    it's a simplly gui using?
    cause i want to use gui..