Cannot run WinGrid for Island MMO Demo

Options
Hi all,

Trying to give the wingrid tool a go in the Island MMO demo to see other players in game. I'm using the source from photon server sdk 3.0.37.3631, then copying the files over from the islandunity download, merging folders but not overwriting files. The actual game client runs just fine.

However if I open the project in VS C# 2010 and build it, when i try to run the wingrid exe I get the following error:

2012-10-25 15:59:23,060 [1] ERROR Photon.MmoDemo.Client.WinGrid.WorldForm - diagnostics: unexpected return Exception
2012-10-25 15:59:23,100 [1] INFO Photon.MmoDemo.Client.WinGrid.WorldForm - diagnostics: Disconnect

If i compile the source in monodevelop before VS C#2010 does its conversions on the project, I get the following error when running wingrid instead:

2012-10-25 15:53:56,169 [1] ERROR Photon.MmoDemo.Client.WinGrid.Program - System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Photon.MmoDemo.Client.DotNet, Version=3.0.37.3631, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.
File name: 'Photon.MmoDemo.Client.DotNet, Version=3.0.37.3631, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Photon.MmoDemo.Client.WinGrid.WorldForm..ctor()
at Photon.MmoDemo.Client.WinGrid.Program.Main() in c:\PhotonServer\src-server\Mmo\Photon.MmoDemo.Client.WinGrid\Program.cs:line 88

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Can anyone shed some light on this one please?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    I'm not sure if the project works if you build it in MonoDevelop in parts.
    As you have VS2010, use that to compile all - the demo relies on the common stuff and uses it as lib.

It's probably also important to run the server for this. You have to run the "Default" instance (not loadbalancing) from Photon Control.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Edited this post: Outdated.
  • chvetsov
    Options
    Hi, ahdinko

I just downloaded sources and built them.
    They are built fine.

I did not understood what did you do with sources before tring to build them