Type or namespace name "PhotonVoiceNetwork" could not be found

Options

Hello!

Ive encountered a problem when setting up PUN 2, Photon Voice 2, and the "VR Oculus Quest MFPS Photon PUN2 PRO" package.

The issue is not being able to find PhotonVoiceNetwork in any of the scripts, Ive searched through all of the available scripts in Photon Voice 2 - thought I was close and it had been renamed to "PhotonNetwork" in some update, however that wasnt the case.

My question is, has anyone else found this issue? And if so, have you been able to fix it?

Thanks!

Comments

• LordBinz
    LordBinz
    edited November 2022
    Options

Alright, ive solved the issue. Sorry for wasting anybodys time.

1. Ill give you my method: So, theres 2 scripts that are the issue. "Left Hand Menu" and "Voice Manager"
    2. you need to edit both of these scripts and replace "PhotonVoiceNetwork -> PunVoiceClient"
    3. that will fix the two scripts and you may continue on! to the next problem!
    4. likely you will then get 7 new errors!
    5. that look like this: "error CS1061: 'Recorder' does not contain a definition for 'AutoStart' and no accessible extension method 'AutoStart' accepting a first argument of type 'Recorder' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
    6. So im going to be working on that part now

I will probably edit this to give anyone else with the same problem the way forward.

EDIT: Did the rest of the edits. Works great now.

1. 1st error fix = voicemanager script, line 55 -> change .IsRecording to RecordingEnabled
    2. 2nd error fix = voicemanager script, line 65 -> same fix
    3. 3rd error to 7th error fix -> voicemanager script, lines 25, 34, 35, 56, and 64 - change AutoStart to RecordingEnabled

• vadim
    Options

Please check Assets/Photon/PhotonVoice/changes-voice.txt for migration guide and breaking changes list when upgrading to Photon Voice version 2.50