Fusion VR: Low performance teleporting laggy

Options

Hello, I have a question about the Photon Fusion teleportation using the NetworkTransform.TeleportToPosition() function in correlation to a low performance scene.

Of course it's most optimal to have a high performance scene, but sometimes during big calculations like scene loading or object spawning, the performance of my app lowers, and this has an annoying effect on how players teleport.

How I understand the teleport to work is that once you call this function, you should teleport to the given position, and the state behaviour should update your position accordingly. However, when the app speed lowers, the teleport reacts all glitchy, and makes the player jump around from the starting position to the given target position, in a quick flash of differenct viewpoints until finally setteling on either the target position, or sometimes even the target position x 2 (probably because the function is being called on both the client and the server).

This glitchy effect is easily recreatable, because you can open the "fusion-dragonhunters-vr" demo, and as a client, spawn as many blocks as you can untill the scene starts running slower (bout 10 fps), and then try to teleport. this will recreate what i like to call "the jumpy teleport".

This effect is way heavier in my own app's scene, but i'll have to look into all the other scripts i have running to see what makes it run so slow. but for this question i can sum it up into:

***WHAT CAN I CHANGE IN MY SETTINGS TO STILL HAVE A SMOOTH TELEPORT INTERPOLATION WHILE THE GAME IS RUNNING SLOW???*

Since i'm still trying to grasp the fundamentals of the NetworkTransform and NetworkRigidbody, i wonder what settings i have to change to make it run smoother overall.

Answers

• I have recently discovered that this problem does now also happen with my scene running at 50-60 fps, and not only my scene, but also the most recent "Fusion-Dragonhunters-VR-1.1.1" app also encounters this problem, where one host and one client are in a room, and when the client teleports, they encounter this same teleport stutter.