How to setup Photon?

Options
Hi,I'm a photon novice,come from China.When I Start my Game,then Unity give me a Debug."Successfully created replacement socket cause send failed once." My machine is Mac,but my PC is okey.And cloud server is all right.How to setup my PhotonServer.config?Thanks!

Comments

• hi,

did you read the manual, the whole ?

if you really read it, all off it, you should be able to setup the server and your application.
  • Tobias
    Options
    If you struggle with server setup, you might consider using Photon Cloud.

View this video or read the description:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/ ... st%20Steps

For Photon Unity Networking, you will need to start the app "LoadBalancing (my cloud)" instead of "Default".
  • hi,

did you read the manual, the whole ?

if you really read it, all off it, you should be able to setup the server and your application.
    yes,I'm not,This is very difficult to read。My English is not good。
  • Tobias wrote:
    If you struggle with server setup, you might consider using Photon Cloud.

View this video or read the description:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/ ... st%20Steps

For Photon Unity Networking, you will need to start the app "LoadBalancing (my cloud)" instead of "Default".

Yes,I really do so set,but my Unity for Mac can't doing.
  • dreamora
    Options
    Photon requires a windows machine.
    if you use a mac you need to use parallels or vmware in which case you have to update the photon load balancing config in gameserver1 and gameserver2 to have the proper external IP to connect to (a load balancing server configured to 127.0.0.1 can only be reached from within the VM, nowhere else) and update the IP used in your unity code too
  • dreamora wrote:
    Photon requires a windows machine.
    if you use a mac you need to use parallels or vmware in which case you have to update the photon load balancing config in gameserver1 and gameserver2 to have the proper external IP to connect to (a load balancing server configured to 127.0.0.1 can only be reached from within the VM, nowhere else) and update the IP used in your unity code too
    My PhotonServer really running a windows machine. My Unity is running my mac machine.I want to develop IOS game.Unity can link photon for windows,but can't link photon for mac.
  • is your Mac on the same network subnet like your Windows(server) computer?
    you must make sure network communication between both maschines is possible and that the firewall ports are open.

Maybe this is the same Problem like you have
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1991&p=9340&hilit=firewall+ports#p9340