maximum peer per room

The whole answer can be found below.

Please note: The Photon forum is closed permanently. After many dedicated years of service we have made the decision to retire our forum and switch to read-only: we've saved the best to last! And we offer you support through these channels:

Try Our
Documentation

Please check if you can find an answer in our extensive documentation on PUN.

Join Us
on Discord

Meet and talk to our staff and the entire Photon-Community via Discord.

Read More on
Stack Overflow

Find more information on Stack Overflow (for Circle members only).

Write Us
an E-Mail

Feel free to send your question directly to our developers.

maximum peer per room

jonghyuk
2022-09-26 10:05:09

Hi, I have a question about the maximum player per room.

Photon page says,

Load Balancing

What Is The Maximum Number Of Players Supported By Photon Rooms?

Most Photon multiplayer games have 2-16 players, but the theoretical limit of players/peers per room can be quite high. There are Photon games live with 32 or even 64 players and in virtual conferencing scenarios it can be in the hundreds. However, sending too many messages per second (msg/s per room) can cause performance issues depending on the client's processing power coping with data. While high player numbers in e.g. turnbased games are totally fine, more than 32 players in a fast-paced action game likely will require you to implement interest management. This way not every player receives every message from all the other players.

The number of players per room is the main factor for increasing data traffic inside the game room: This is why we recommend keeping your msg/s per room count below 500. Photon does not enforce this limit, but relies on a fair use policy. Keeping an eye on your bandwidth usage is always important and it helps to ensure you stay within your plans included traffic range of 3GB per CCU.

However, if I look at my administration page, even 2000-CCU plan(public cloud) can have 16 peers / room. Then if I would go with premium plan or enterprise plan, I can have more players in each room, right?

Thank you for your reply.

Comments

Tobias
2022-09-26 15:08:31

For PUN 2, we set a limit of 16 players in a room by default.

When you need to go over these limits, get in touch and let us know what you aim for, so we can chime in. What's possible depends a lot on the used tech (e.g. Fusion is by now recommended over PUN 2), what happens in-game and how it's done.

If you got your own Enterprise Cloud, you rent servers and can use them any way you like (in best case, in a way that works).

jonghyuk
2022-09-27 00:53:06

Tobias 2022-09-26T15:08:31+00:00

For PUN 2, we set a limit of 16 players in a room by default.

When you need to go over these limits, get in touch and let us know what you aim for, so we can chime in. What's possible depends a lot on the used tech (e.g. Fusion is by now recommended over PUN 2), what happens in-game and how it's done.

If you got your own Enterprise Cloud, you rent servers and can use them any way you like (in best case, in a way that works).

I got it cleatly now!

Thank you for the prompt answer :)