when i start my photon server on computer i have this in logs:
Service shutting down: commandline option error. Errorcode: 255
so server does not start, why?
please provide whole log with command line
thanks for answering me, @chvetsov ! now this error is gone. I don't know what happened. I downloaded the photon server version 4, then back to version 5. but there was one problem. I can't set public ip on the photon version 5 server. it's empty.
is photon licensing server accessible from your machine?
does PhotonControl from v4 works correctly in your case?
1) I downloaded and unpacked the folder with the server version 5
2) I downloaded my license and put it in the right folder
3) I have launched PhotonControl.exe
4) I was able to connect to the server from my game (the server and the game are running on the same computer and the connection was made as localhost)
5) what do I need to do now so that other players can connect to me via the Internet?
you have to update your configs so that they send public ips.
you have to update