The Photon Forum
is Closed Permanently.

After many dedicated years of service, we have made the decision to retire our Forum and switch to read-only: we´ve saved the best to last! Your search result can be found below. Plus, we offer support via these channels:

Try Our
Documentation

Please check if you can find an answer in our extensive documentation on Fusion.

Join Us
on Discord

Meet and talk to our staff and the entire Photon-Community via Discord.

Read More on
Stack Overflow

Find more information on Stack Overflow (for Circle members only).

Write Us
an E-Mail

Feel free to send your question directly to our developers.

How to make RPCs Only Call on Other Clients?

GlowstickDave
2022-08-30 22:49:51

I'm building a quick demo in Photon Fusion, and for some data transfer calls I'm using RPC, and we have a Shared network setup. The issue I'm finding is that the RPC calls get called on the local machine in addition to the clients, and I only want them called on the other clients.

My understanding is that this method should only call on other clients:

[Rpc(sources: RpcSources.InputAuthority, targets: RpcTargets.Proxies, InvokeLocal = false)]

public void RPC_TestCall(string testString)

{

}

And it is called like this:

RPC_TestCall("Hello World");

I feel like I'm doing something entirely wrong there however, but this seems to be what the documentation says to do. Any advice would be appreciated - thank you!

Comments

Mastersuperman
2022-08-30 23:15:38

I could be wrong, but this might help.

GlowstickDave
2022-08-31 01:51:13

Mastersuperman 2022-08-30T23:15:38+00:00

https://us.v-cdn.net/6024696/uploads/8ZRIIKGKZ78F/image.png

I could be wrong, but this might help.

Sadly no, seems that the local object doesn't think it has InputOverride so it goes right through.

Isaac_Augusto
2022-08-31 10:17:48

Hi,

We had some internal changes on RPCs on shared mode recently, are you on the last nightly SDK? if not, could you try with it?

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team

GlowstickDave
2022-09-01 05:13:26

Isaac_Augusto 2022-08-31T10:17:48+00:00

Hi,

We had some internal changes on RPCs on shared mode recently, are you on the last nightly SDK? if not, could you try with it?

-----

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team

I just tried the Fusion SDK 1.1.2 Nightly Build 567 nightly, however I now get these errors whenever attempting to join a session (so I reverted back to the Fusion SDK 1.1.1 F Build 512 build as it at least connects, though RPC calls don't seem to function in that one).

[Fusion/RealtimeSDK] Cannot send to: wss://GCASH114.exitgames.com:19091. The current state of the connection is not Open.

StartGameException: IncompatibleConfiguration

Isaac_Augusto
2022-09-01 13:56:10

Hi,

Could you share your start game logic?

Are you sure the app id is correct after updating?

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team