invalid cast exception

Options

i am getting this error

InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Photon.Pun.PhotonTransformViewPositionControl.DeserializeData (Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, Photon.Pun.PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/Views/PhotonTransformViewClassic.cs:390)

Photon.Pun.PhotonTransformViewPositionControl.OnPhotonSerializeView (UnityEngine.Vector3 currentPosition, Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, Photon.Pun.PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/Views/PhotonTransformViewClassic.cs:368)

Photon.Pun.PhotonTransformViewClassic.OnPhotonSerializeView (Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, Photon.Pun.PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/Views/PhotonTransformViewClassic.cs:128)

Photon.Pun.PhotonView.DeserializeComponent (UnityEngine.Component component, Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, Photon.Pun.PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonView.cs:544)

Photon.Pun.PhotonView.DeserializeView (Photon.Pun.PhotonStream stream, Photon.Pun.PhotonMessageInfo info) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonView.cs:534)

Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.OnSerializeRead (System.Object[] data, Photon.Realtime.Player sender, System.Int32 networkTime, System.Int16 correctPrefix) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1862)

Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.OnEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData photonEvent) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:2233)

Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient.OnEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData photonEvent) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:3364)

ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase.DeserializeMessageAndCallback (ExitGames.Client.Photon.StreamBuffer stream) (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotNet/PeerBase.cs:899)

ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands () (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotNet/EnetPeer.cs:583)

ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands () (at C:/Dev/photon-sdk-dotnet/PhotonDotNet/PhotonPeer.cs:1771)

Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.Dispatch () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:226)

Rethrow as AggregateException: Caught 1 exception(s) in methods called by DispatchIncomingCommands(). Rethrowing first only (see above). (Specified cast is not valid.)

Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.Dispatch () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:244)

Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:145)

Answers

• Tobias
    Options

This likely happens because your observed components on a prefab send something else than they expect or read. Make sure that the values you send (from controller) are expected in that order...

This should not happen in the default PhotonTransformView. Maybe you modify the prefab instance for the clients that are not in control of the object?

• aliiii
    Options

i figured it out i was using PhotonTransformViewClassic instead of PhotonTransformView, i think thats what caused it

• Trimatra
    Options

hi guys, i was having the same error, but im not using PhotonTransformViewClassic, i was using default PhotonTransformView. i tried to check the error on the PhotonTransformView script and add some try-catch on the line that was shown in the error and managed to get some info. somehow the PhotonTransformView was trying to cast -1 to vector3 which is invalid, do you know why i get -1? AND also this error was preventing me to get PhotonAnimatorView Synced and it was frustrating. Please help me.

Here's some screenshoot of the error, also some screenshow of the changes that i made in PhotonTransformView.cs script