Why is my input lag on clients

The whole answer can be found below.

Please note: The Photon forum is closed permanently. After many dedicated years of service we have made the decision to retire our forum and switch to read-only: we've saved the best to last! And we offer you support through these channels:

Try Our
Documentation

Please check if you can find an answer in our extensive documentation on Fusion.

Join Us
on Discord

Meet and talk to our staff and the entire Photon-Community via Discord.

Read More on
Stack Overflow

Find more information on Stack Overflow (for Circle members only).

Write Us
an E-Mail

Feel free to send your question directly to our developers.

Why is my input lag on clients

Mastersuperman
2022-08-28 13:24:30

https://vk-maze-escape.netlify.app/

Comments

Isaac_Augusto
2022-08-29 11:42:38

Hi,

Could you explain better what you´re experiencing? The input logic is not wrong, are you sure the lag is not caused by the internet connection or the way you're moving the player?

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team

Mastersuperman
2022-08-29 16:42:42

Isaac_Augusto 2022-08-29T11:42:38+00:00

Hi,

Could you explain better what you´re experiencing? The input logic is not wrong, are you sure the lag is not caused by the internet connection or the way you're moving the player?

-----

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team

Hello! I've already tried everything, but it doesn't work.. I tried to do everything in 3d according to the tutorial

** Fusion 102 - Setting Up A Scene | Photon Engine **
Global cross platform multiplayer game backend as a service (SaaS, Cloud) for synchronous and asynchronous games and applications. SDKs are available for android, iOS, .NET., Mac OS, Unity 3D, Windows, Unreal Engine, HTML5 and others.

in 3d everything works, but if I do everything in 2v, then it lags. The client lags input

Mastersuperman
2022-08-29 16:46:33

in WEBGL In 3D input works without lag, but in 2D input lags

Isaac_Augusto
2022-08-29 19:02:51

Hi,

Could you please try to host on a different provider? It shouldn't have differences between 3D or 2D.

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team

Mastersuperman
2022-08-30 17:38:39

All day I try to do, move the body through rigidbody.Move () ..in WebGL, clients always have late input....

if I move the body through transform.position and there is a NetTransform on the gameObject, then there is no problem .. but I need to move the body using physics and so that the input does not lag with clients ...

Isaac_Augusto
2022-08-31 10:13:55

Hi,

Defining the physics server mode as Client prediction on NPC should give better results.

Isaac Augusto

Photon Fusion Team