Photon Voice 2.3.1 - Microphone not detected

Hello! I've released a game that uses Photon Voice, and one player reported that their microphone was not detected at all. It's set as their default Windows microphone, and I've checked and no problem in game could cause it. So it seems Photon Voice is simply not detecting it. It's a EPOS Sennheiser Game One.

Could I get some help on that? Thanks!

Best Answer

• vadim
    vadim mod
    Answer ✓

It's hard to say what happens without logs. If you use Photon microphone type, switch to Unity type. Unity mic api is much better tested across devices. try to select this microphone as an input explicitly.

I'm not sure if setting default mic in the system automatically sets it as default for Unity and Photon mic APIs. this needs to be tested

Answers

• vadim
    vadim mod
    Answer ✓

It's hard to say what happens without logs. If you use Photon microphone type, switch to Unity type. Unity mic api is much better tested across devices. try to select this microphone as an input explicitly.

I'm not sure if setting default mic in the system automatically sets it as default for Unity and Photon mic APIs. this needs to be tested