Maximum Room Number vs CCU

The whole answer can be found below.

Please note: The Photon forum is closed permanently. After many dedicated years of service we have made the decision to retire our forum and switch to read-only: we've saved the best to last! And we offer you support through these channels:

Try Our
Documentation

Please check if you can find an answer in our extensive documentation on PUN.

Join Us
on Discord

Meet and talk to our staff and the entire Photon-Community via Discord.

Read More on
Stack Overflow

Find more information on Stack Overflow (for Circle members only).

Write Us
an E-Mail

Feel free to send your question directly to our developers.

Maximum Room Number vs CCU

GuavaJam710
2022-07-14 16:41:29

Hello,

I have a question which I can't seem to find too clear of an answer for in Photons documentation. I am curious as to the maximum number of players I can have online using Photons networking solutions. For example, with Photon Pun 2+, you can have 100+ concurrent users per game. Does this mean that I can have 100 players per room, and any number of rooms, or does it mean that i can have a maximum of 100 players online at the same time in my game?

I the latter, what Photon plans allow me to pay for Photons services as my game scales? So, in the event that there is a surge of players, my game can scale to fit the demand.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Kaiserludi
2022-07-14 17:21:19

Hi @GuavaJam710.

It's the latter.

With a 100CCU subscription you can "have a maximum of 100 players online at the same time in my game"

"I the latter, what Photon plans allow me to pay for Photons services as my game scales? So, in the event that there is a surge of players, my game can scale to fit the demand."

https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/PUN/Pricing