I got a new IP from the ISP randomly near the start of the year and I think I'm banned.

I noticed starting around at least March I've been having issue connecting to US servers on various games. I started correlating the games and noticed the PUN SDK in SteamDB and the itch.io game Spell Blasters really helped narrow it down. I had a ticket open with ForeVR Bowl but they moved on.

Anyway so could I get a new IP from the ISP probably, get them to reboot my ONT yada yada, but I feel like that's just making it someone else's problem down the road. So let's fix this. I figure I'll wait until support contacts me and I'll send my actual IP.

List of games

ForeVR Bowl

Walk about mini-golf

Golf with your Friends

Who's your Daddy (2015 version only)

Spell Blasters

EDIT:

uh just a picture because I think I'm getting blocked for adding more additional info.

Answers

• It doesn't have to be your IP being the problem. Your connection / setup / hardware may fail to work with the default ports we use for communication. If you were a developer, I'd ask you to use the "Alternative Ports" in this case.

Maybe you could mail your IP to us: developer@photonengine.com and maybe let us know where (approximately) you are located. I could also provide a test client with different ports, to check if that makes a difference.

• Thank you for the reply, I've shot over an email and offering anything y'all need to run various commands.

• Thanks.

We'll look into it. Disclaimer: I can't promise we get to this immediately but we'll keep you posted.

• Alright I'll admit when I'm wrong...

Unifi GeoIP Filtering I believe uses ipdeny.com which has the wrong IP ranges for Russia, including one of the Master Game Servers we know is in London. So My USG got a little overzealous in blocking.

That being said probably should look into someone updating that. https://www.ipdeny.com/ipblocks/data/countries/ru.zone

• Thanks for the update. I'll ask devops to check if this is relevant for us and if we can do something.