Trying to wrap my head around Fusion.

Options
Magnor
Magnor
edited July 2022 in Fusion

I'm watching youtube tutorials and reading documentation, but I find it hard to wrap my head around some things.

I have experience with PUN, and found that quite easy to work with.

Fusion seems much more complicated to set up and get running.

I will read up more and watch more tutorials, and I have noticed that I pick up bits of things I understand and have these "a-ah" moments. For example when I realized that NetworkObject is the equivalent of PhotonView in PUN.

Coming from PUN, will it get easier as I grasp more and more concepts? I figure out if I understand some things along the way and don't understand others, that's ok, as all thos small things I grasp will maybe fill out the missing pieces eventually.

I wish there was a tutorial that explained things like I'm five years old, from the ground up, that's what I really need, as most resources take it for granted that you know the fundamentals.

Answers

• tleylan
    Options

@Magnor If you are interested (and working in VR) we could try to compare notes. I've written a PUN app as an experiment and while I do not really want to have to start over with Fusion (right now) it seems like the handwriting is on the wall.