About Fusion Hosting

Options
spektra_games
edited April 2022 in Fusion

Hello. Is photon providing cloud hosting for Fusion like PUN2? In this page(https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/Fusion), I see a few solutions for hosting in Flexible Network Topologies side but I am confusing. For example, I see Quantum in 4th network topologie, what kind of relation could there be between Quantum and Fusion?

Answers

• ramonmelo
    Options

Hi @spektra_games ,

Is photon providing cloud hosting for Fusion like PUN2?

There was never a hosting cloud service for PUN or any Photon Product. The Photon Cloud is a relay and matchmaking service, which grants communication between peers connected to it.

It is not a hosting service, in the sense that there is no Dedicated Server running on the Photon Cloud.

I see a few solutions for hosting in Flexible Network Topologies side but I am confusing. For example, I see Quantum in 4th network topologie, what kind of relation could there be between Quantum and Fusion?

There is no direct relation between the two solutions in terms of code itself, but they do share a similar approach when you consider the Fusion Shared Mode.

In this case, there is no Dedicated Server in both cases (Quantum and Fusion Shared Mode), your clients will join a Session and all data is synchronized via the Photon Cloud acting as a relay service, hence why they are side by side in the graph.

--

Ramon Melo

Photon Fusion Team