ERROR Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginManager - System.IO.FileNotFoundExceptio

How to fix below error, I followed this URL https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/server/current/plugins/getting-started to create my 1st plugin.

2022-03-24 17:10:20,356 [21] ERROR Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginManager - System.IO.FileNotFoundException : The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Stack Trace:

at MyFirstPlugin.MyPluginFactory.CreatePlugin(String pluginName)

at Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginFactoryBase.Create(IPluginHost gameHost, String pluginName, Dictionary`2 config, String& errorMsg)

at Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginManager.CreatePluginWithFactory(IPluginHost sink, String pluginName)

at Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginManager.GetGamePlugin(IPluginHost sink, String pluginName)

2022-03-24 17:10:20,356 [21] DEBUG Photon.Hive.Plugin.CreateGameCallInfo - Fail: System.IO.FileNotFoundException : The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Stack Trace:

at MyFirstPlugin.MyPluginFactory.CreatePlugin(String pluginName)

at Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginFactoryBase.Create(IPluginHost gameHost, String pluginName, Dictionary`2 config, String& errorMsg)

at Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginManager.CreatePluginWithFactory(IPluginHost sink, String pluginName)

at Photon.Hive.Plugin.PluginManager.GetGamePlugin(IPluginHost sink, String pluginName)

Comments

• hi @Hemanth

usually this exception contains info about file that was not found. I can not see entire message to help you here.

I assume that your plugin depends on some other assembly and it is high probable that that assembly was not copied to plugins folder

best,

ilya

• Hemanth
    Hemanth
    edited March 2022

@chvetsov Thanks for the response, I have fixed the assembly files, But In the next step I am getting another error. Could you please help me on this?

code

using Photon.Hive.Plugin;

namespace MyFirstPlugin

{

public class MyFirstPlugin : PluginBase

{

public override string Name => "MyFirstPlugin";

private IPluginLogger pluginLogger;

public override bool SetupInstance(IPluginHost host, Dictionary<string, string> config, out string errorMsg)

{

/*this.pluginLogger.InfoFormat("*********");*/

this.pluginLogger = host.CreateLogger(this.Name);

return base.SetupInstance(host, config, out errorMsg);

}

public override void OnCreateGame(ICreateGameCallInfo info)

{

this.pluginLogger.InfoFormat("OnCreateGame - ********this is custom code ************ {0} by user {1}", info.Request.GameId, info.UserId);

info.Continue(); // same as base.OnCreateGame(info);

}

}

}

• hi, @Hemanth

I think you just did not update you plugin after commenting of this line:

/*this.pluginLogger.InfoFormat("*********");*/

please make sure that everything is updated and try again. Please make sure that you are using Debug configuration, to make stack available

best,

ilya

• @chvetsov , Thanks, it's working.