[Solved]Excuse me,I had this problem when I transferred the owner, what is the reason for this?

The whole answer can be found below.

Please note: The Photon forum is closed permanently. After many dedicated years of service we have made the decision to retire our forum and switch to read-only: we've saved the best to last! And we offer you support through these channels:

Try Our
Documentation

Please check if you can find an answer in our extensive documentation on PUN.

Join Us
on Discord

Meet and talk to our staff and the entire Photon-Community via Discord.

Read More on
Stack Overflow

Find more information on Stack Overflow (for Circle members only).

Write Us
an E-Mail

Feel free to send your question directly to our developers.

[Solved]Excuse me,I had this problem when I transferred the owner, what is the reason for this?

umaru
2022-02-02 09:44:05

''Failed to find a PhotonView with ID=1012 for incoming OwnershipTransfer event (newOwnerActorNumber=1), sender=1

But it doesn't say what's wrong with my script. The errors shown above are photon's scripts....

Comments

Tobias
2022-02-03 11:10:25

How did you solve this?

devonlively
2022-02-05 14:44:56

Yes please tell us. I am also facing this issue while transferring ownership. it was working fine and now I tested again after making irrelevant changes and this happens...

devonlively
2022-02-05 15:11:10

Actually, I guess I just needed to rubber duck.

So, although I never did make any changes since I last checked its functionality, Now it was giving me the error - which is fine. Cause I found what it was yelling about.

One of my scripts is created for each player manage their gameobject, and although I told it to only create them if the view owner was Master, I didnt check if it was also (pv.ismine)

Basically, each client knew that the view was the masterclient's and so it would create the items on each client, instead of only if they're the master client.