Will Playmaker support Photon Fusion?

Options

I asked on the Playmaker forums and they said to ask Photon forums, so I'm asking.

Best Answer

• jeanfabre
    jeanfabre mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

At the present time, it's not feasible, the fusion api departs too much from Unity standards and so a port to PlayMaker would mean incompatibilty with every existing actions and custom actions... and trying to overcome this issue would mean very convoluted boiler plates actions to switch mode at the beginning of every states you want to use fusion with, which would be a very painfull and not very nice requirement.

however, my goal is to target PlayMaker 2.0 which should be a lot more flexible for this kind of tricky integrations, but this means I don't have any ETA on when it could be done, we have to wait PlayMaker 2.0 release

Bye,

Jean

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Paradiseprime,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

I guess so but we need @jeanfabre's confirmation!

• jeanfabre
    jeanfabre mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

At the present time, it's not feasible, the fusion api departs too much from Unity standards and so a port to PlayMaker would mean incompatibilty with every existing actions and custom actions... and trying to overcome this issue would mean very convoluted boiler plates actions to switch mode at the beginning of every states you want to use fusion with, which would be a very painfull and not very nice requirement.

however, my goal is to target PlayMaker 2.0 which should be a lot more flexible for this kind of tricky integrations, but this means I don't have any ETA on when it could be done, we have to wait PlayMaker 2.0 release

Bye,

Jean

• Ahh I see. Thank you.