Fusion Host

Why is fusion host the recommended/default way when based on the comparison here, Shared is the most rounded solution? https://blog.photonengine.com/photon-fusion-benchmark/

Answers

• Hi @Jaynesh ,

Sorry, but can you clarify your question?

Fusion support different architecture types, Client-Server and SharedMode, both have it's own use cases.

You can read more about this topic here: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/fusion/current/getting-started/fusion-intro#one_library_many_architectures

--

Ramon Melo

Photon Fusion Team

• Hi,

The benchmarks were just done in Host because the products it was being tested against (Mirror and MLAPI) operate with that topology. They have no shared mode equivalent.

Davin

• hi @ramonmelo

does Fusion Shared Mode allow custom code for server plugin?

I am running a tournament game with multiplayer . Would like to make all client server setup enable the server to authority all state. Can Share mode allow me to do it....without setting up dedicated server.

I read from the doc that the share mode has option of server plugin that allow to do some custom code. But where can i find the plugin?

• Hi @tomlet

does Fusion Shared Mode allow custom code for server plugin?

I read from the doc that the share mode has option of server plugin that allow to do some custom code. But where can i find the plugin?

At the moment, the Fusion Plugin is not available to the public, so it's not possible to have Custom code running server-side right now. We are already working on it and it should be available soon, but we can't give any ETAs.

I am running a tournament game with multiplayer . Would like to make all client server setup enable the server to authority all state. Can Share mode allow me to do it....without setting up dedicated server.

At the moment, only Client-Server Mode with a Dedicated Server would allow you to do that.

--

Ramon Melo

Photon Fusion Team