Not stable ping in EU region

Options

Hello everyone,

I'm currently developing a multi-platform game and got PUN2 on the project (which is really cool). But I have big issues with lag due to not stable ping. It's always between ~20-110 (and I checked if it was a connection issue but it's not).

I tried to debug to see on which host it connects but there is a cloudflare (172.65.212.204:4530). Here is a screenshot of the ping command response.

Do someone has an idea of how to improve that? Or it's just the EU server that has issues?

Thank you guys!

Comments

• Hello,

As you have assumed this is not the actual connection to our server but to the Cloudflare POP. Could you run WinMTR (https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/) for some minutes and post the results? You can also send them to developer@photonengine.com with a link to this thread if they contain sensitive IP data.

• Dromadoros
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hello,

First, thank you for your answer. Here is the result of mtr command. I know that I have some variation on my connection but some test that I did with mtr only the cloudflare pinged a lot around ~150-200.

PS: I also send you an email with the original screenshot.

Edited: here is a screenshot of high cloudflare ping only.

Thank you.