Plans for supporting disabled domain reload

Hello, I have been investigating the Fusion code and sample project and as far as I understood, it is heavily using static references and it does not look like making it support disabled domain reload is simple. I was wondering if you already have a plan to do that or if it is already clear it is not compatible with disabled reload anytime soon.

Best Answers

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓

None of Fusion is static. So much so that you can run multiple instanced in one Editor (which is nice for debugging).

Demos and such may use static but Fusion doesn't.

Actually, as far as I know, disabling Domain Reload should work out of the box.

• emotitron
    emotitron ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

A correction to the above answer from Tobias.

Domain Reloading can't be disabled. Even though Fusion isolates all simulation code to be non-static (allowing for Multi-Peer as described above) there is a LOT of non-simulation code that does use statics, and those do need to reset.

Internal discussions have resolved that Fusion and Quantum will not support disabling domain reloads, as this would generate mountains of initialization code being written to support that.

Answers

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    Answer ✓

None of Fusion is static. So much so that you can run multiple instanced in one Editor (which is nice for debugging).

Demos and such may use static but Fusion doesn't.

Actually, as far as I know, disabling Domain Reload should work out of the box.

• Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the reply. I did not know it is possible to run multiples instances of the game one one editor. Can you put a link about it?

• Hi @WarlordMSM ,

Please take a look at the NetworkDebugStart script provided with the Fusion SDK.

It is used to run multiple Fusion Runner on the same executable. You can use it as a base for any custom implementation, but in summary, you just need to change the Peer Mode on your NetworkProjectConfig to Multiple and create multiple NetworkRunners.

--

Ramon Melo

Photon Fusion Team

• emotitron
    emotitron ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

A correction to the above answer from Tobias.

Domain Reloading can't be disabled. Even though Fusion isolates all simulation code to be non-static (allowing for Multi-Peer as described above) there is a LOT of non-simulation code that does use statics, and those do need to reset.

Internal discussions have resolved that Fusion and Quantum will not support disabling domain reloads, as this would generate mountains of initialization code being written to support that.