Oculus Avatar 2 Multiplayer

Hello,

Hope you are all good.

I am looking for an example implementation, tutorial, or documentation that can guide me towards using the new Oculus Avatar 2 SDK system with networking from PUN2.

I notice that the old Avatar system has some hits on this forum, though the new system is set up differently. The new SDK comes with a script for (and I quote);

/* This class is an example of how to use the Streaming functions of the avatar to send and receive data over the network
 * For this example, data isn't sent over a real network, but simply added to a queue and then "received" by a second, "remote" avatar.
 * For a real network, much of the logic of preparing snapshots and receiving based on the desired fidelity is the same
 */

It seems it requires packets sent over the network, so any information on this would be helpful.

Has anyone set this up successfully? Can you point me in the right direction or offer advice?

Kind Regards,

Ian

Answers

• We don't have a sample for this, sorry.

It sounds as if the Oculus Avatar 2 SDK just needs some way to send the data? If so, just get the players into a room and you are able to send the data via PhotonNetwork.RaiseEvent(). The sender (actorNumber) is provided within OnEvent, so you could assign the incoming data back to some character.