Use specific internet(or wifi) cause auto disconnect from Pun

Options

My game is a mobile game.

A player report that by using specific internet and joining pun room after about 5~10 sec, it will auto disconnect from PhotonNetwork. The weird thing is that it seems to happen only when I use specific wifi on a specific device. I have investigated and tried for several days, but still have no idea why and how it happened.

Another weird thing is that my game use firebase login and the player change another firebase account and it won't auto disconnect.

The simplified conclusion:

1. By using specific internet will cause auto-disconnect from Pun server after joining room 5~10 sec later. ( but I am sure the internet is working fine)
  2. By changing another internet, it won't happen, but change back will happen again.
  3. My game integration with firebase, and the player says change login account(but still using the same internet) won't cause auto-disconnect.

For the reasons above, I guess Pun will ban the specific player and auto-kick certain players after joining room 5~10 seconds.

Please help me😭😭😭

Many thanks

Answers

• Tobias
    Options

This is a new one.

Maybe one Firebase account will somehow cause some specific traffic to happen in parallel and that causes the disconnect? Apparently, it is related to Firebase.

There is no automatic banning for any users. If you use Photon's authentication feature, your web service may be the one rejecting access to Photon. That's it.

If you mail us the userID and your AppId, we can do a quick search in the server logs. developer@photonengine.com. Please refer to this thread, too.

• scozirge
    Options

ok, I've sent an email. Also, I forget an important, the issue only happened while the player is the room master.

It's tricky for us to find why it happens, cause it only occurs on a few players, we can't reproduce it on our device. I assume it's related to firebase but I have no idea why changing wifi will fix it, and why it happened only if the player is the room master( room creater)

• Tobias
    Options

Then we'll continue via mail.