OnConnectedToMaster() not called, but i didn't edit my project

sayt
sayt
edited December 2021 in DotNet

Hello,

My problem is that I left my project without touching anything for 2 days and when I come back and try to testo the editor or in the previous builds that i made, I cannot connect to photon any more. It seems like the OnConnectedToMaster() and OnConnected() function are not called.

I read in the documentation that to handle this kind of error I should use functions like OnDisconnected(DisconnectCause cause) and OnRegionListReceived(RegionHandler regionHandler).

When i call OnRegionListReceived(RegionHandler regionHandler)

{

Debug.Log("best region " + regionHandler.BestRegion.ToString());

}

It shows me "best region jp[ipAdress]: 2147483647ms"

which is ok because I am in Japan but it is impossible to connect.

however, when I set the region to eu inside unity and inside the dashboard photon it works fine.

so how can I make it works for japan like before?

Best Answer

• chvetsov
    chvetsov mod
    Answer ✓

hi, @sayt

We are very sorry that you have issues with connection. We experienced massive DDoS attack on many of our regions at same time. that is why you had connection issues

I'll move your question to client lib section of forum. because it is more suitable for your question

best,

ilya

Answers

• Edit so after some time i don't really know why but i was able to connect on the correct time zone.

However now the problem is that when i create room i get this error message : Failed to get server instance.

UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)

LaunchManager:OnCreateRoomFailed (int16,string) (at Assets/Project/Scenes/Multiplayer/Scripts/LaunchManager.cs:966)

Photon.Realtime.MatchMakingCallbacksContainer:OnCreateRoomFailed (int16,string) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:4158)

Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:CallbackRoomEnterFailed (ExitGames.Client.Photon.OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2579)

Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OnOperationResponse (ExitGames.Client.Photon.OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2821)

ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback (ExitGames.Client.Photon.StreamBuffer) (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PeerBase.cs:871)

ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/EnetPeer.cs:563)

ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands () (at D:/Dev/Work/photon-dotnet-sdk/PhotonDotNet/PhotonPeer.cs:1863)

Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:Dispatch () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:223)

Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:149)

with the return code : 32762

• chvetsov
    chvetsov mod
    Answer ✓

hi, @sayt

We are very sorry that you have issues with connection. We experienced massive DDoS attack on many of our regions at same time. that is why you had connection issues

I'll move your question to client lib section of forum. because it is more suitable for your question

best,

ilya

• Please recap: Which problem is still open now?