OnStatusUpdate fires for myself, but not for others

We have made sure that:

-Both users are in the same region

-Case sensitivity is not an issue

-Both users are connected to Photon Chat and have a unique name

I can get the method to callback if I send a private message to myself, but I cannot get it to callback when sending messages to another user. If anyone has any other steps to try, please let me know. Thank you

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

Hi @mohxgames,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Do client use the same AppId and AppVersion?

Maybe you are mixing callback names up?

OnStatusUpdate is used for friends' online status see here.

OnChatStateChange is used for local chat client status.

OnPrivateMessage is used to receive private messages (and yes you get your own no matter to whoever you send them, it's like an ACK, "private channels are like public channels but just for two users and without explicit subscribe/unsubscribe and specify channel name").

• I am definitely referring to the right callback here. I am trying to prevent a message from being sent if a user is offline, so I just need to check if they are online, if not I know they are offline.

AppID and Version are the same. Also note that I can get the callback to fire if sending a message to MYSELF, but not another user.

Could some of the components fail to download or import when installing Photon Chat? We have had it in project for a while but haven't used it yet, until now. I will try reimporting the files, but if you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thank you!