The Photon Forum
is Closed Permanently.

After many dedicated years of service, we have made the decision to retire our Forum and switch to read-only: we´ve saved the best to last! Your search result can be found below. Plus, we offer support via these channels:

Try Our
Documentation

Please check if you can find an answer in our extensive documentation.

Join Us
on Discord

Meet and talk to our staff and the entire Photon-Community via Discord.

Read More on
Stack Overflow

Find more information on Stack Overflow (for Circle members only).

Write Us
an E-Mail

Feel free to send your question directly to our developers.

Android build errors with updated SDK.

ArkedGames
2021-10-29 17:17:36

Hey there, I have a UE4 project that is currently running on the 4. series of sdks, and currently works just fine and compiles and is buildable on all platforms no problem. My issue comes with trying to upgrade the SDK to the 5. series, I keep running into issues packaging the UE4 project for android.

After updating all the directories containing the headers I need (Photon-cpp, Common-cpp, Loadbalancing-cpp) and the associated libraries, I end up with the following build errors.

After which I noticed there was a new folder in the android SDK for thirdparty, that contained SSL, Crypto, and Websockets, I grabbed those libraries and linked them, after which my compile error became the following:

I am currently stumped and not sure how to proceed, also not sure if it is even worth upgrading the SDK at this point. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

Kaiserludi
2021-10-29 17:44:00

Hi @ArkedGames.

After which I noticed there was a new folder in the android SDK for thirdparty, that contained SSL, Crypto, and Websockets, I grabbed those libraries and linked them

That's indeed the correct solution to the undefined symbols issue.

Photon-cpp in Client SDK v5 uses those thirdparty libs internally for the new features websocket support and UDP datagram encryption, which are not available in v4.

error: duplicate symbol: vpaes_cbc_encrypt

[...]

I am currently stumped and not sure how to proceed

This error is caused by a known bug in the 5.0.0.3 release, that has been fixed in 5.0.1.0.

Simply update to the latest version to fix it.

also not sure if it is even worth upgrading the SDK at this point

Don't worry. At this point you are nearly there. That's likely the last issue as any other potential issues would most likely have shown up already.

ArkedGames
2021-10-29 19:47:16

@Kaiserludi Hey there!

Thank you very much for the swift response, I downloaded the new 5.0.1.0 sdk and it managed to package now! For my own sanity's sake, when did that new sdk version go live, I coulda swore I didn't see it yesterday when I downloaded the SDK.

Kaiserludi
2021-10-29 20:00:09

Hi @ArkedGames.

It went online yesterday evening around 9:30pm CET, so about 24 hours and 30 minutes ago.

ArkedGames
2021-10-29 20:39:05

@Kaiserludi Ah ok makes sense then haha. Thank you very much for the assistance!