Save state of room without webhook

Options

Hi guys, have any way to save an unique attribute (key:value) on room state without use a webhook to save this?

i found so complexity need create a database, api, webhook for save only a projectId (my custom attribute), no way to save inside room (maybe in photon cloud) this property?

i found in javascript sdk a EmptyRoomLiveTime, but in docs don't have a max time of this live time today, have way to be infinity? i dont need save actors or anything relation of this, only this projectId key.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Brun00,

Not sure what you want to save exactly but if you can always (re)create the room with the same room properties you would expect. As room custom properties are the exact thing you need for key/value storage.

Photon Cloud does not persist room states or keep them running for too long.

Empty rooms are disposed of after EmptyRoomTTL.

EmptyRoomTTL maximum value on Photon Cloud is 30000 ms = 5 mn.

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Brun00,

Not sure what you want to save exactly but if you can always (re)create the room with the same room properties you would expect. As room custom properties are the exact thing you need for key/value storage.

Photon Cloud does not persist room states or keep them running for too long.

Empty rooms are disposed of after EmptyRoomTTL.

EmptyRoomTTL maximum value on Photon Cloud is 30000 ms = 5 mn.