Has this been fixed? We are observing this in Unity 2020.3.39 in macOS
What version of Voice? The current is 2.50.
We are using v2.22.22 still as we never had issues until now. Is this fixed in newer versions? I will update if its fixed but its not easy for us to just update to test as we have many versions for different platforms
We had server-side issues recently. If you did not update your client, your problems could be caused by these issues.
Hi guys and @vadim! I have almost the same issue with OSX. The AudioChangeHandle detects audio device change after each "Speaker" creation in runtime, even if I do not have any extra microphones attached to my mac machine. And that causes a Restart for the Recorder and recreation of the speaker object, also during each creation of the Speaker it makes a huge lag and freezes the game for 1-2 seconds. So it becomes as an endless loop of -> Recorder Restart -> Lag -> Speaker Creation -> and so on.
I have checked both echo mode, multiplayer, and editor and build. Same issue...
Also, I have checked the assigned AudioChangeHandle from the inspector and at runtime before starting the recorder.
It works just well for Windows 11.
My OS version is macOS Monterey, version 12.6
Voice chat version: v2.50 (October 2022)
Photon Fusion : 1.1.4, F, Build 609 (Nov 01, 2022)
Let me know if you need any additional information! I spent about a week to get my own solution to fix that issue but it seems like the issue comes from Photon(Microphone) native plugin. The chosen Microphone type is Photon(but it doesn't work with Unity as well).
Device change detection component for MacOS is broken.
The workaround is to get the list of devices with device enumerator instance (Platform.CreateAudioInEnumerator) and compare it with the previously saved list before calling this.recorder.MicrophoneDeviceChangeDetected() in AudioChangesHandler.OnDeviceChange()
Thanks, @vadim ! I'll try to do with that way and let you know in case of any other issues.
Do you plan to have a fix for this in the upcoming weeks?
I tried to fix the native plugin but did not succeed. So maybe the fix will be the same as the workaround. It's simple, does not require many resources and does not depend on obscure and poorly documented api details.
analyze performance and traffic on our website.
By clicking on the „Accept All“ button you consent to the use of non-functional cookies and the subsequent
processing of personal data to optimize our website and services as described in more detail in our
By clicking on the „Customize or Deny all“ button you can decide otherwise.
Clicking on the „Customize“ button will take you to a page where you can configure the usage of non-functional
cookies (and related technologies) or deny all of them. You can access these settings at any time and also
subsequently deselect cookies at any time in the footer area of our website.
We use the following categories of cookies and related technologies to enhance your experience,
show you personalized content, and analyze performance and traffic on our website.
We respect your right to privacy and accordingly you can chose to not allow some types of cookies (and related technologies).
Click on the different category sliders and change our default settings to manage your cookie settings.
For more information on the specific cookies/related technologies we use and on how we use these,
Authentication cookies we use are required to run our services … Cookies are required:
These cookies collect anonymous data and allow us to optimize our
website and user experience. These cookies are listed here:
Help us to understand how visitors interact with our services, enables us
to analyze and improve our services (also through third party analytics).