Photon AngryBots work on Android and iOS?

ktweedy1
ktweedy1 ✭✭
edited January 2013 in Photon Unity Networking (PUN)
Does the Photon exmaple of AngryBots work on Android and iOS?

When building for Android and iOS do I use the dll in the UnityClient? Or I need to do something different and use the Android and iOS client libraries in some way?

Comments

• It works on iOS and Android (where we test it rarely but it works).
    You don't have to adjust any files and dlls. Just compile. Unity takes care of everything else.
  • That rocks!, thanks.
  • There is one requirement though and thats the ownership of the mobile Pro licenses as Unity iOS / Android non-pro do not have System.Net for socket communication.
  • Has any built Photon AngryBots for iPhone or Android?

For Android I am able to get a build but when I try to enter a room it crashes.

But for iOS, when I build it from Unity it all compiles fine. But when I try to open the xcodeproj file XCode simple says cannot open file. But doesn't say why or anything. I am able to build the AngryBots demo and deploy it ok. Guessing there may be some settings that I need to change from the defauilts in the player settings.

I also tried building the Photon Networking example for iOS and I get the same problem. I get a successful build from Unity but when I try to open the xcodeproj from XCode it says cannot open file.
  • Making progress. I think I had MonoDevelop open or something. I rebooted my Mac and I was able to build with XCode and deploy and it works. Woot.

So only remaing issue I have when I join a room on my Android it crashes.

Very excited about working with this. This rocks. Thanks for the help.
  • Maybe you can check the device's logs?
    It might be an Android thing.
    Are you using the Photon Cloud or your own server? If own server: Make sure your game server's public IP is set to an IP that the android device can reach.
  • How do I see the log's on my Android?

The Android does seem to be talking to the Windows 7 Server. I am able to get the room list.

I have the same issue with the Photon Networking example which has minimal assets.

Do I just use the default build settings or are there things I need to be considering?
  • What exactly is the problem now?
    You say you do connect to the server? What goes wrong?
  • is there any updates about running photon angrybots on android?
    and how about the controller setup?

:?:
  • Angrybots (the official one) since 3.5 has mobile controls integrated and will also scale down to run.

If you hook in Photon and own Android Pro it will work without a problem but you need to ensure that you provide proper credentials or the right IP in case you host an own server (if you use the emulator, keep in mind that 127.0.0.1 will not be correct as the emu is an own device with an own ip)