Upgrade from 1.2.14a to 1.3 failed.

Options
Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade to 1.3 from 1.2.14a and it failed. I tried twice and the result is exactly the same.
I am following the guide here: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/bolt/current/getting-started/upgrading

After step 6.1, it starts broken.
I cannot load BoltRuntimeSettings, as it seems they are broken scripts. Then I don't have the right click menu item at all:
Create a new Bolt Settings: (i) right-click, (ii) Create/Bolt/Create BoltRuntimeSettings;

If I skip that and moving on the step 7, I cannot resolve any of the Bolt assets created by myself (events, entities, objects, etc). Basically everything comes from the compile assembly is gone. So I can never reach step 7.5

Could you please give me some hints? Let me know if you need more information on my side.

Thanks,
Kevin

Comments

• Hi @kevinfish356 ,
    I cannot load BoltRuntimeSettings, as it seems they are broken scripts. Then I don't have the right click menu item at all:

You have to remove the Asset and create it again. It's not possible to load the old file.
    If I skip that and moving on the step 7, I cannot resolve any of the Bolt assets created by myself (events, entities, objects, etc). Basically everything comes from the compile assembly is gone. So I can never reach step 7.5

Yes, for that you need to modify the project.json file as described on 6.1.1. Only with these changed, Bolt will be able to load your Assets again.
    Could you please give me some hints? Let me know if you need more information on my side.

Most of the time, when Unity can't load an assembly, we suggest just restart it, as this will give it the chance to load all assemblies again. This can solve the issue of not having the Menu available, for example.
    Sometimes, you will also need to remove the Library and other temporary folders from the Unity project, just to make sure it will reload all changes.

We know that the update process is not that simple, but as we had to change a lot of things, that is necessary.

Please, follow all steps carefully, don't replace or update the package, you need to remove all old files and import the new package.

If you have other questions, let us know.

--
    Ramon Melo
    Photon Bolt Team