Can open source projects include prebuilt binaries & header files from Client SDKs?

Options
loseraitc
loseraitc
edited July 2021 in Native
I have been working on a Flutter plugin, which wraps around Photon Client SDKs for both Android & iOS, and possibly Web (javascript) if I have the time in the future. I would like to open source and publish it on Flutter Packages, so it's possible to use Photon Client in any Flutter apps/games.

So here is the question: can I open source the plugin, which would include those prebuilt lib*-cpp-static_debug_android_*_libc++.a, lib*-cpp_debug_iphone*.a binaries and header files? I don't see a license file inside the client SDKs. I've checked the terms and a few links in the forum but haven't found anything helpful.

I personaly believe the Flutter plugin can be helpful for Photon, as it provides a new and natural way for cross-platform apps & games. There have already existed a trend for Flutter games, and the community has been growing fastly.

Hope someone can help with the question. Thanks very much!

Comments

• bertelmonster2k
    Options
    Hi,

We do not allow to OSS any of our SDKs (not source code and not binary code) as of now.
    We may allow this in the near future - but this is work in progress.

Please drop us an email to developer@exitgames.com with some more details and infos about yourself.

best, Chris
  • loseraitc
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply. That's sad that we cannot include the SDK in open source projects, but I will be waiting for the good news! Luckily the plugin is far from being ready so I got the time lol...
  • Awais
    Options

@loseraitc I am working on Flutter app which need to communicate with VR unity app in realtime how can I use photon here? photon is requirement set by client.