Emscripten SDKs

Hi there, in your release notes for the 4.1.16.5 Emscripten Photon SDK you say "changed: the Emscripten SDK now includes clang binaries that have been built against Emscripten 2.0.1 and fastcomp binaries that have been built against Emscripten 1.40.1" but both the fastcomp and non-fastcomp binaries are exactly the same length which seems really suspicious.

I also can't link them against 2.0.1 or 1.40.1, the latest I can link them against is 1.38.48, which makes me think these might be the old binaries still? (The link fails with "machine type must be wasm32 or wasm64" which is indicative of that).

Am I missing something really obvious? I'm sure I am!

Graeme Devine.

Comments

• Hi @zaphodgjd.
    but both the fastcomp and non-fastcomp binaries are exactly the same length which seems really suspicious.
    Thank you for pointing this out. There was an issue in our build pipeline that caused it to use fastcomp for both, the fastcomp and the llvm builds.

I have fixed the build pipe line issue, rebuilt the SDK and uploaded the new build (under the same version number - it's still 4.1.16.5). So please download it again. The llvm binaries in the new package have actually been built with llvm and not fastcomp. As you will see their sizes are now also notably different from the sizes of the fastcomp binaries.
    I also can't link them against 2.0.1 or 1.40.1, the latest I can link them against is 1.38.48, which makes me think these might be the old binaries still? (The link fails with "machine type must be wasm32 or wasm64" which is indicative of that).

Am I missing something really obvious? I'm sure I am!
    You need to link against the 1.40.1-fastcomp binaries with 1.40.1-fastcomp and not with 1.40.1, which uses llvm.
    1.38.48 has been the last version in which fastcomp has been the default Emscripten compiler.
  • I appreciate the SDK update and clarification on version to link against! Thank you!