v5 Public IP Autodetect blank on Azure Windows Server 2016

Options
@JohnTube congrats on the new Photon Server v5 rc1!

I'm struggling to deploy to Azure. I'm running Windows Server 2016 and the auto-detected public IP is showing as an empty string "".

Also tried configuring in Nameserver.json but am getting a null object error when setting Public IP. Photon Control is looking for deploy\bin64\../Network.json but can't find that file.

Thank you for the help

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @john__primitive,

Thanks!

Unfortunately, using PhotonControl to setup IP for MS or GS is not reliable in this version.

Please do it manually, set MasterServer IP in "deploy\Nameserver.json" (for this first region/cluster), and set GameServer IP in "deploy\LoadBalancing\GameServer\bin\GameServer.xml.config" (see here).
  • Thank you @JohnTube for the reply.

When I set those IP addresses manually and launch Photon Control, it still displays "" as the public IP. When I select Set Public IP in Photon Control I get this error:
    C:\photon-server-sdk_v5-0-12-24499-rc1\deploy\bin_Win64\../Nameserver.json
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Nameserver.json is sitting in the deploy folder above bin_Win64. I pasted that relative path in the windows url bar and it can find the file just fine.

Any further guidance is greatly appreciated.
  • Edit: Sorry I didn't realize that the MasterIPAddress should be 127.0.0.1 in GameServer.xml.config

My client is connecting successfully now.

Also I removed the comment line from Nameserver.json as it appeared to be invalid JSON. It's still throwing that Object reference error. Not sure if you want that behavior or not.

Thank you again and great work.