Photon Utilities Simple: Inventory Contact Reactors and key press

Hi,

I am using some of the scripts available within Photon's simple utilities. I have successfully setup an inventory and a mounting point for the dynamic items when they are picked up. The only problem is that in order for the player to pick up an item, they have to walk on top of it. Is there a way for the player to pick up and mount the item after a key press?

I have successfully setup a raycast and keypress event and the items are being detected. I noticed that the mounting happens within the Inventory Contact Reactors script, but I can't get around the whole Contact Event system. This is the function that performs the mounting within the Contact Reactors script:

protected override Consumption ProcessContactEvent(ContactEvent contactEvent)
{
//Debug.Log("Process " + contactEvent + " -- " + contactEvent.contactSystem.GetType().Name + " : " + (contactEvent.contactSystem as IInventorySystem<T>));

var system = (contactEvent.contactSystem as IInventorySystem<T>);
if (system == null)
return Consumption.None;

///// TEST - Notify other component of pickup condition
//var onContact = transform.GetComponent<IOnPickup>();
//Debug.Log("POST 2 " + (onContact != null));

//if (onContact != null)
// syncState.HardMount(onContact.OnPickup(contactEvent));

if (IsPickup)
{
Mount mount = system.TryPickup(this, contactEvent);
if (mount)
syncState.HardMount(mount);

}

return Consumption.All;
}

This is what I've started with:

if (hit.transform.GetComponent<InventoryItem>())
{
if (Keyboard.current.eKey.wasReleasedThisFrame)
{
var inventoryItem = hit.transform.GetComponent<InventoryItem>();
//inventory.PickUpItem(inventoryItem);

var contactReactors = inventoryItem.GetComponent<InventoryContactReactors>();

if (contactReactors.IsPickup)
{
// now what?
}
}
}

As you can see, I am getting the reference to the Inventory Contact Reactors component and trying to do the same as was done within the actual script. How can I go about implementing mounting via a key press? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.