Lost custom room properties in lobby after leaving room

Options
Hi! I have an issue with custom room properties exposed to lobby. While I'm in the lobby (custom default type lobby), the custom room properties update nicely. I select a room and join in. Then leave it and after I rejoin the lobby again, the custom room properties are "lost" - have only default values like when the room was created. After that, if they are updated from the room while being in the lobby they get updated again with new values. Not sure how to fix it, any ideas please?
Example:
  1. I create and join custom default type lobby.
  2. Another users joins the lobby and creates a room with custom property "number" set to 0 and exposes it to the lobby.
  3. He joins the room and updates the property "number" to 5.
  4. I see it in the lobby to get updated from 0 to 5.
  5. I join the room.
  6. I leave the room and rejoin the lobby.
  7. I get a room list that says the room's property "number" is 0.
  8. The other player that's still in the room updates the property number to "9".
  9. I see it in the lobby to get updated from 0 to 9.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @domdo,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

I could not reproduce this.

Probably there is something wrong at step 7.
    Maybe you are not clearing the cached rooms list from the lobby.
    I would do it when leaving the lobby or even joining it.
    See documentation sample here.
  • domdo
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube !
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    Unfortunately, caching the room list is not the problem. My cached room list is empty and I get the wrong room list in OnRoomListUpdate call. I just found out, that this problem occurs even when I join the lobby after the other player has created and joined the room with properties. Hopefully we can resolve it :)
    I appreciate your help! Have a great day!
  • TimDogger
    Options

I'm having the same issue with empty properties in the lobby. Can you share your solution?

• Tobias
    Options

Tim, please open a new thread with sufficient info about what you do and what you found out why it may fail.

Here is a Matchmaking Checklist. And this is how to get help.