Warning: Unhandled event Event 173.. Set PhotonNetwork.OnEventCall.

Options
PUN1 Unity 2018.4.33f1

The master client gets that warning spammed to the point that in a week it has generated nearly a full gigabyte in logs, and it is the only error/warning we get. So far we have been unable to determine what this even is so we haven't been able to correct it.
Warning: Unhandled event Event 173.. Set PhotonNetwork.OnEventCall.
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
NetworkingPeer:OnEvent(EventData)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(StreamBuffer)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update()

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @JamesMac,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Photon in room events range is as follows:

200 .. 255 reserved for internal Photon events (PUN + Realtime)
    0 .. 199 custom user defined events

So if you did not use this code for one of your custom events then most likely there is a hacked version of your game sending this event.
    Someone is attacking your game, you could get in touch with us via email to developer@photonengine.com.
  • JamesMac
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I will look at the code to see if the lead created any user defined events, although I find it doubtful. I don't think that he has the knowledge for it, although given that this error is server side and starts within seconds of the server completing the startup process and before it is set visible to allow connections I guess there must be some user defined event.
    We've been getting the warning for what is close to a year now, sometimes in massive quantities and others maybe 50 mb's per month.