Player instantiation, or not, or twice!?

Options
Hi, forgive my ignorance, I'm rather new to this, but:
I've followed the examples and an online tutorial, and gotten where my player avatars spawn and initialize themselves. Thing is, especially if I'm running in the editor/debugger, my breakpoint on network instantiation and initialization are hit, so I know the object is created. But when I continue, there is no avatar in the scene, it has disappeared, and 'left room' was never called, no Destroy function of mine was called. What is that? I sometimes see this in the console:
Exiting receive thread (inside loop). Server: wss://GCSC106.exitgames.com:19091:0 Error: An exception has occurred while receiving.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:DebugReturn (ExitGames.Client.Photon.DebugLevel,string) (at C:/Users/daren/Projects/Neumatic/Unity/Alfa-Laval/Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2509)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketWebTcp/<ReceiveLoop>d__12:MoveNext () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonLibs/WebSocket/SocketWebTcp.cs:317)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator,intptr)

If I remove breakpoints and let it just run, then I get TWO count 'em TWO (2) avatars per player! I have no idea how that happens, my Start function that spawns/instantiates should only happen once. And one of the avatars initializes ok, the other is left with defaults.

Any insights welcome!

Comments

• Dave_A
    Options
    It seems my Instantiate IS called twice (when no breakpoints) as evidenced by Debug.Logs I put in. The first when 'my' instance starts, the second when a remote joins. Because the tutorial said to make that spawning function an RPC. I'm guessing spawning should NOT be in an RPC, but only in Start, would that be fair to say?
  • no amigo te ayudaria pero tambien soy novato lo mal es que nadie nos ayuda no comentan nada y no tienes una foto para mirar bien el problema y el codigo
  • Dave_A
    Options
    I think I got it. Spawn only in start. Here's what threw me, this tutorial on Zeneva. Tell me what's wrong, me or them?: zeneva.png