Advantages in upgrading from Pun1 to Pun2 in terms of Websocket and WebGl?

Options
I recently upgraded an older Project to a significant newer Unity Version. It's a WebGl and shall run on a Website, that uses a Websocket and Pun 1. There were many Latency problems, so i was wondering, if it was a good idea to use Pun2. The problem is, i would need to start over the project again. The question for me is: How signifcant are changes, in terms of websocket changes and latency problems from Pun1 to Pun2? And can you explain why?

Thanks in advance :)

Answers

• Tobias
    Options
    Switching from PUN Classic to PUN 2 is strongly recommended and you'll benefit from a lot of additions, fixes and improvements. It's also not as complicated as you think it is. See the Migration Notes.

So, the changes are very significant.
  • Waldumaki
    Options
    Tobias wrote: »
    Switching from PUN Classic to PUN 2 is strongly recommended and you'll benefit from a lot of additions, fixes and improvements. It's also not as complicated as you think it is. See the Migration Notes.

So, the changes are very significant.

Thank you for your answer. Can you explain me in how far Pun2 would improve latency and communicating with webservers? Or can you tell me where to find out? :)
  • Tobias
    Options
    There are various fixes and improvements. Too much for me to list in detail here.
    Check the changelogs and release history of PUN 2 and you'll see what's been going on in 2 years since PUN Classic.
    In short: You should update to be sure you go the lastest version and avoid a pile of issues long fixed.