Where are all these messages coming from?!

Options
Where are all the messages coming from? I'm making an RTS game, and I found that with just a few dozen units my messages per second was approaching the informal limit of 500. So, as one is supposed to, I removed the PhotonTransformViews from the units, and replaced them with a sytem that attempts to carry out similar simulations on all clients. This involves calling a position-correcting RPC about once per second per unit, and a navigation RPC about once every two seconds for per unit. So, compared to the default transmission rate of a PhotonTransformView, which I think is ten updates per second, this should be, at most, a fifth of the original messaging rate, right? Wrong. It looks like my messages per second is more than twice as high as when I was using PhotonTransformViews, although data-usage is reduced to a third of what it formerly was.

What gives?! I did remember to make it so that my RPCs are only called when the object is actually moving, and I have been careful to run the same tests. Any insights would be appreciated.

-Aidan