Errors after updating to 2.29

Earlier today I updated to 2.29, I've been having issues setting custom properties on objects created with InstantiateRoomObject and was informed that this might have been fixed in the latest version.

Upon doing so InstantiateRoomObject objects are not only visible to the client that created the object.
However, the bigger issue is that I'm getting this error constantly
MissingMethodException: Photon.Realtime.Player Photon.Realtime.Room.GetPlayer(int)

Also when viewing a PhotonView script on an object there is nothing available.

I'm going to try completely removing PUN + Voice and doing a fresh install.

Comments

• After testing I can confirm that removing both PUN & Voice then re-integrating Voice THEN Pun seems to have fixed this issue. I've noticed in the past that issues can pop up if Voice in added after PUN.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jeffries7,

This will be on the documentation soon:
    Install Instructions

The minimal Unity version required is 2018.4.22f1.

Photon Voice 2 can be downloaded and imported from the Unity Asset Store here.

Photon Voice 2 package includes PUN2. PUN 2 already includes Photon Realtime Unity SDK as it depends on it, Photon Chat and Photon Unity libraries. You can clean up PUN2 or clean up Photon Chat from the project if you want to but the other parts are required for Photon Voice to work.

For compatibility with other Photon packages and to guarantee smooth updates, we do not recommend moving Photon assets outside of root Photon folder ("Assets\Photon").

Photon Voice 2 is not compatible with PUN Classic though. Photon Voice Classic is to be used with PUN Classic but both packages will be going away soon.

Clean Import

When you import Photon Voice 2 in a project already containing PUN 2; to avoid any conflicts errors due to versions mismatch, it's recommended to clean up Photon assets before:

If you don't use another Photon package (e.g. Photon Bolt) delete "Assets\Photon" folder.
    If you imported another Photon package in parallel then delete the following folders:
    "Assets\Photon\PhotonChat"
    "Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime"
    "Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking"
    "Assets\Photon\PhotonLibs"
    You could also follow this step if you want to do a clean import after encountering an issue after updating Photon Voice 2 or importing another Photon package.

Update

We do not recommend importing PUN 2 on top of Photon Voice 2. We always try to release a Photon Voice 2 version just after a PUN 2 update so you could get the latest PUN 2 from Photon Voice 2.

If you encounter an issue when updating Photon Voice 2 from the Unity Asset Store try doing a clean import.
  • Excellent, I think that will help a lot!