Unity build crash after losing focus

Options
Hey all,

I am having a weird crash where it only happens if I alt+tab or just change focus (for example, if using 2 monitors). This does not happen with the Editor, so far just with the client build. It happens much more if I leave the window after 5 or 10 seconds, before that, looks like it still runs good.
Sometimes if I wait the Windows saying that the app "is frozen", the game goes back running again (but that is random, sometimes I need to wait a few seconds, some other times minutes).

Also, objects created by the client who crashed does not get deleted from the scene if that happens too.

I've checked about running in the background and also I thought that was related to changing Photon folder from the assets root, but even going back this still happens.

Using Unity 2021.1.0b8, but also happens with latest 2020.
PUN 2 v 2.28

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: lol, another strange thing that can "very temporary fix":
- If it freeze the client build and I go back to the Editor for a few seconds, I can go back to the client build and it will "un-freeze", preveting from crashing.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Huh, that sounds random.
    Check if you can reproduce this with the samples from our package. If you can, we need to know the repro steps and your build settings.

2021.1.0b8 is beta. We don't really support that (even though it should run PUN fine, there can be any number of issues in betas, so we suggest to use LTS versions, such as 2020.3.x).