how can i control a object by more than 1 player ( like rocket league , human fall flat )

Options
Hi i have a ball (sphere) in my scene , which can be pushed by any of the player (cubes) , but i am unable to do that as there is a photon view attached to the ball (to sync it's position) and can only be controll by the master client ,

i tried using trnasfer ownership but that not what i want , as by that only one guy can controll the ball at a time , but in my scene more than one guy can push the ball at same time , you can consider an example of rocket league , two car can also push the ball at same time.

and i also want to know how two player can pick the same object as in human fall flat

please help

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    In short: It's not supported by PUN.

Controlling a physical object with multiple players is quite complicated without server authority. PUN does not have server authority and neither runs tick based simulation.
    As PUN includes the Photon Realtime API, you can send what you want and potentially solve the case for your game. We just can't support you getting there with PUN.

In Photon Quantum, it's much more doable. We might even have samples for this. However, Quantum is not free to use, so this might put you off.
    https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/Quantum
  • HI @Tobias thanks for the answer.
    1.Did you know any other multiplayer solution out there which are made for these type of tasks.
    2.Did you know which multiplayer solution is used by "human fall flat" game (made with unity).
    2.Did you think unreal engine is better for these tasks.
    and one last thing,

i just saw the photon quantum price(1k $ per month) , so did we have to pay this price per month after game lauches sucessfully or even when the game is in development phase.

• Tobias
    Options
    Human Fall Flat does not use Photon.

The only solid solution for your case, which I know of, is Photon Quantum but I'm not saying you can't do this on your own (of course you can).

The monthly fee is for access (starts with the development time) and includes 500 CCU when the game is released. This looks like a steep price but you will run into much less trouble with the networking, so you'd usually save on development time.
  • Hi @Tobias i thought we can not use authoritative server in PUN . I just saw this page which is saying it's possible

https://doc.photonengine.com/en/server/current/reference/authoritative-server#:~:text=Physics Communication,Like an operation "Move".

if it is possible , can you please help me with some example code or any link from where i can learn more about it.