Duplicate ViewID when room Owner rejoins room

Options
I’m testing network connection recovery for my app. And I’m seeing some issues with duplicate viewIDs when the owner reconnects.

Let me describe the room set up first.
The room is a shared Photon room with a shared 3d space. Players may request for control tokens (each has a viewID to track stats) that is created by the room owner, upon player requests. Each token is a sceneObject. The room owner assigns transfers ownership to each player as the tokens are generated.

Now the issues comes up when I disconnect the room owner (to simulate the app going into background or sleep mode) and attempts to rejoin the room. I see that duplicate viewID’s are detected ( for the tokens) and they are “destroyed” This causes issues when syncing with the client.

If the owner reconnects completely from a different scene, there is no issue.

Am I correct in guessing that to handle the issue, I need to have the disconnected client delete all view IDs? Is this something that non-master needs to also do?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Which Unity version do you use? If you are not on the latest 2.28.3, please update (or do that early next week, when we will release 2.29).