Chat broadcast to other players in a room?

Options
I've been looking in the documentation, and I couldn't see if there was a way to link chat to the group of players in a specific room. (I believe that the voice component DOES do this?)

In my ideal use case, I would like to have players within a room be able to publicly chat with each other, but not to players in other rooms.

Thanks very much in advance.

Best Answers

• sdsdink
    sdsdink
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    simply use an rpc to transfer what was typed to each player.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @bermondo,

As @sdsdink suggested, you don't need Photon Chat to be able to exchange chat messages between players joined to the same room. You can do this using PUN.

Of course you can still use Photon Chat for this.
    We do not have plans to make an integration between Photon Chat's channels and PUN's rooms like we did for Photon Voice's rooms and PUN rooms.
    Feel free to do it yourself, it's even easier with Photon Chat as you can subscribe to more than one channel at a time and the client does not switch servers once connected.

Answers

• sdsdink
    sdsdink
    Options
    simply use an rpc to transfer what was typed to each player.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @bermondo,

As @sdsdink suggested, you don't need Photon Chat to be able to exchange chat messages between players joined to the same room. You can do this using PUN.

Of course you can still use Photon Chat for this.
    We do not have plans to make an integration between Photon Chat's channels and PUN's rooms like we did for Photon Voice's rooms and PUN rooms.
    Feel free to do it yourself, it's even easier with Photon Chat as you can subscribe to more than one channel at a time and the client does not switch servers once connected.