Visitor leaves avatar skin behind

Options
Hi

My friend and I were walking along a corridor, chatting, and then he suddenly stopped. So I waited with him. I asked him if he was ok, and has said that he was fine but that he had come to a huge canyon with a river running below him and was a little worried about jumping across! I knew that the canyon was much further on so I raced up the corridor and arrived at the canyon. I couldn't see him but he could see me!! Why had he left his avatar skin behind?

R

Comments

• reset
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas why this may happen?

Another thing that happened was that I was the server - left the game - and then re-entered and so my friend became the server. His avatar skin was at the start - while he was chatting to me much further into the world where I had left him. Again he could see me but I couldn't see him.

Please any help would be great.

R
  • Tobias
    Options
    I'm sorry, I have no clue what's happening.

I assume it's more a problem of this particular project than something general, as we don't have those issues in the Viking Demo, e.g.
    Make sure you know if the buggy player's client is still connected: Does it still send data and does it receive? You can have a look at the Traffic Stats in Photon. The new PUN versions have a PhotonStatsGui component you could use to visualize if data is being sent and received.

If that's ok on all clients, then you will have to debug how your mesh is left behind. Try to monitor whatever is setting the position of the mesh and find out when it's no longer called. Check the console, too.