How can I change the scene Skybox for all players in a room?

I've tried this with no success:

using UnityEngine;
using Photon.Pun;
using Photon.Realtime;

public class SkyboxManager : MonoBehaviour
{
PhotonView m_photonView;
public Material[] myMaterials = new Material[1];

void Start()
{
m_photonView = GetComponent<PhotonView>();
}

[PunRPC]
public void StartNetworkSkybox(int pos)
{
RenderSettings.skybox = myMaterials[pos];
}
}

any help would be appreciated

Best Answers

• DarkSealer
    Answer ✓
    Well.... yeah, but where did you call the RPC method? If you write in the Start something like....
    void Start()
    {
    m_photonView .RPC("StartNetworkSkybox", RpcTarget.AllViaServer, 0);
    }

That should do the trick and it will be called for every user that has this script in the scene.
  • DarkSealer
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    well... what you're doing is to send that information in a buffer which will be called every time when a new user will connect to that room. From my experience, this method will be called for every user connected when a new user will connect. What I did was to send that info to every user connected at this moment in time. The new users won't call that method until you will call it again. Also, I did this through the server so my master is not going to send that for every single user connected.

No problem. I'm glad I could help :smile:

Answers

• DarkSealer
    Answer ✓
    Well.... yeah, but where did you call the RPC method? If you write in the Start something like....
    void Start()
    {
    m_photonView .RPC("StartNetworkSkybox", RpcTarget.AllViaServer, 0);
    }

That should do the trick and it will be called for every user that has this script in the scene.
  • @DarkSealer thank you - got it running!
    what's the difference to
    photonView.RPC("StartNetworkSkybox", RpcTarget.AllBuffered, pos);
    ?
  • DarkSealer
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    well... what you're doing is to send that information in a buffer which will be called every time when a new user will connect to that room. From my experience, this method will be called for every user connected when a new user will connect. What I did was to send that info to every user connected at this moment in time. The new users won't call that method until you will call it again. Also, I did this through the server so my master is not going to send that for every single user connected.

No problem. I'm glad I could help :smile: