Joining a Room sometimes works and sometimes not

Options
Hi everyone,

I have a bit strange problem with my Software. The idea of the program is, that I have two different versions: One "Host"-version which is compiled as a Windows application. In the host you can create Rooms with certain names.
The other version is the "Client"-version. The client is a webgl application running on a website. With the client you can only join rooms (which were created by a host before).

Now I tested it and run into a problem I can't really explain. The Windows part runs perfectly fine, I have no problems to open Rooms with Names given by the user.

The webgl version was put on a local Apache server (which is running in Ubuntu). I can reach the webgl application and it also starts without any problems. The same is true if I start the compiled index.html just from my project folder.

But when I try to connect to a former created Room, it sometimes works and sometimes not. At the moment it does not work most of the time. Only when I connect to the webgl app via "localhost" on the machine where the server is running, I am able to connect to created rooms.
If I open the html from my project folder or try to connect to the server via IP, I am able to run the app and connect to the lobby, but I am not able to connect to rooms.

In older versions I had no problems to connect to the rooms, but other people who tested my Software could also not connect. The app itself runs and joins the (default) lobby, but it does not connect to rooms.
(it was tested hidden on a public webpage, so other people could connect from other machines).

I am not sure what I can attach to this post to solve the problem. If you have an idea, please let me know if you need to know any code or settings. I will give you the Start function and the "JoinRoom" and "CreateRoom" functions from my Network-Manager.

Kind regards

void Start()
    {
        PhotonNetwork.GameVersion = "v0.8.0";
        PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings();
        PhotonNetwork.NickName = "Player" + Random.Range(0001,9999);
        Debug.Log("Mein Nickname: " + PhotonNetwork.NickName);

PhotonNetwork.AutomaticallySyncScene = true;  
    }

public void JoinRoom(string RoomName="test raum")
    {
        PhotonNetwork.JoinRoom(RoomName);
    }

public void CreateRoom(string RoomName = "test raum")
    {
        RoomOptions roomOptions = new RoomOptions();
        roomOptions.MaxPlayers = 20;
        roomOptions.IsVisible = true;
        roomOptions.IsOpen = true;
        roomOptions.PlayerTtl = 300 * 60;

PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(RoomName, roomOptions, TypedLobby.Default);
    }

Comments

• Dufffit
    Options
    Hey,
    I made some test with different build settings on different machines and browsers.
    At the moment it only works in one special case, but the synchronization is very bad. The instantiation/destruction and (de-)activation of objects is well synchronized, the change in position is not. The synchronization of transform information worked before, so it should not be a coding problem.

These are the publishing setting which "work":
    publishing:
    enable exceptions Full With Stacktrace
    WebAssembly Arithmetic Exceptions throw
    Compression Format Disabled
    Name Files As Hashes _
    Data Caching _
    Debug Symbols x
    Decompression Fallback _

It runs on Google Chrome (I also testet Firefox and Edge) when I connect to my xampp Linux home server. With other browsers i can joind the lobby, but not rooms. When I open the compiled index.html I can join the lobby on my desktop PC with firefox, but not even start the application on other machines and browsers.

I am still totally lost and have no idea why it is so unreliable.
    In older versions it worked better, but even then it was kinda random in which configuration the webgl-app it able to start or find rooms.

Can someone provide ideas what could be wrong? I am deperate.
  • Dufffit
    Options
    I tested the whole thing with Windows-Builds and without any webgl.
    Finding a Room is never a problem in Windows-Builds.
    The bad synchronization seems to be a problem of the programm itself, I have it also in the Windows Version. Maybe I am synchronizing to much data. I have to check this