Can we use features of Photon Realtime like Matchmaking, RPC call etc, if we buy Photon Server

My company is looking into whether they should go for Photon Cloud or Photon Server, I wanted to know that if we go for the Photon Server then would we have to make the whole backend ourself or would Photon provide us the API's we normally use with Photon Cloud?

Comments

• hi, @Siddhant

yes, you will get that. We provide code that you may run on your own. That version differs from cloud only by some our cloud specific stuff like management of VirtualApps

best,
    ilya
  • Siddhant
    Siddhant
    edited January 2021
    Hi, @chvetsov

Ohh ok, can you give me some sort of link or discussion where i could get some more clarity regarding this or some sort of step by step guide about Photon Server, I'm fairly new to all this with not a lot of experience in backend coding

Also one more doubt, if you're providing all the API's with the server as well than why is cloud more costlier? Because it handles Scalability itself? .. just curious

Best Regards,
    Siddhant
  • hi, @Siddhant

here is documentation: https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/server/current/getting-started/photon-server-intro

>Also one more doubt, if you're providing all the API's with the server as well than why is cloud more costlier? Because it handles Scalability itself?
    Not, only. Network constantly has issues - hardware, software and attacks. We have to deal with all that to provide service close to 99.9%. Also we regularly update cloud with fixes and improvements

best,
    ilya
  • Hi, what brings you to the conclusion that using Cloud is more expensive?
    I think it strongly depends on what/how you do things.