Problem with long player inactivity

Hello everyone,

We are developing a multiplayer mobile game. Players often leave their devices with an opened app. After ~1h from that, they can't go back and play because the app can't either disconnect or reconnect the player. As far I know, the authentication token is expired and the only way to connect again to the game is to restart the application.

I believe it is a better way to disconnect players after a long time of inactivity. Can you help me with that?
Photon Pun 2.12

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Wolfik,

Thank you for choosing Photon!
    they can't go back and play because the app can't either disconnect or reconnect the player
    What errors do you get? what methods to do you call? do you use ReconnectAndRejoin or Reconnect? what PlayerTTL values do you use when you create rooms?
    the authentication token is expired and the only way to connect again to the game is to restart the application.
    The authentication token expires on the GameServer when you are joined to the room and you don't call RaiseEvent (or RPC, PhotonView serialization, etc.) for more than one hour.
    But as long as you remain on the GameServer connected the client won't notice anything.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!