BAD GLITCH every time i launch my game.

Options
Hey, so I have players connect to a lobby room and then go into the main level. In the main level, I spawn the player and their sprite separately (because of skin stuff). But when I open the game and connect two players, I keep getting this error and movement is not replicated.
InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.AlmostEquals (System.Object one, System.Object two) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:2008)
Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.DeltaCompressionWrite (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] previousContent, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] currentContent) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:1856)
PLEASE HELP!

Comments

• Frolicks
    Options
    "InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid."
    If I'm understanding this correctly, the engine is trying to cast (convert) one data type to another, but failing.

Are you sending by RPC or stream any values that are somehow mismatched in type? (e.g. int vs. string)
  • Yes, I am sending a string to set player names. I think that is the issue but idk how to fix it.
  • Heres the code for the RPC, this is called every late update because I have score updated as well:
    [PunRPC]
    public void setMyName()
    {
    myName.GetComponent<PhotonView>().RPC("setNetworkName", RpcTarget.All, PlayerInfo.playerName + ": " + gems);
    }

PlayerInfo is all the save data and playerName is a string.

[PunRPC]
    public void setNetworkName(string playerName)
    {
    textName.text = playerName;
    }

and there is the void being called
  • Frolicks
    Options
    PlayerInfo.playerName + ": " + gems
    Does this evaluate to a string?
  • 0hn0agh0st
    Options
    Sorry for the late response, holidays and stuff, I fixed it by predefining it in a string variable so yeah :D Thank you for all your help and have a lovely rest of your day :smile:
  • 0hn0agh0st
    Options
    ok nvm it now won't set any ui text.
  • 0hn0agh0st
    Options
    i set it to go to string as well so idk what the issue is